My favorite cookies growing up were the Peanut Butter Cookies that my Granny made!
They were always SO yummy!!!
Now that I’ve got my kitchen and most of the house pretty much settled, I’ve had a little more time for cooking and especially baking. I love to bake. Cooking, not so much…
I decided one day to make some peanut butter cookies and found a recipe in a cookbook I had that was VERY close to Granny’s Peanut Butter cookies! So, here it is for all to enjoy!
Granny’s Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine
1 pinch of salt
(And a glass of tea to sip on while baking of course 😉
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two regular sized cookie sheets.
(This recipe makes about 20 cookies)
2. Beat together peanut butter, sugar, and butter to cream.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until mixed well.
4. Sift together flour and baking soda then add gradually and mix well
5. Cover with wax paper or a tea towel and chill for about 30 minutes
(This helps the dough form into balls better for cookies)
6. Form dough into about 20 small balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
Now for Granny’s special step…
7. Use a fork to press the dough down first one way, then turn to form a crisscross pattern.
If the dough is sticking to your fork too much, lightly grease it with a little butter.
8. Stick in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
YUM! Serve from Granny’s cookie jar! 😉
Happy Tasty Tuesday!!!