Pumpkin Bread

Hello lovelies!
We are well into September now so, today I have a tasty autumn treat to share with you all!
As an October baby autumn has always had a special place in my calendar!
One of my favorite things about the season are the PUMPKIN flavored treats!
I literally wait ALL year for the Pumpkin Spice lattes at Starbucks. 😉

That said I’d like to share with you my new favorite pumpkin flavored treat!

Pumpkin Bread!!!

First gather your ingredients! You’re going to need….

• 3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2.5 tsp ground cinnamon
  • .5 tsp ground nutmeg
  • .25 tsp ground allspice
  • .25 tsp salt
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin purée
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 2/3 cup buttermilk
  • bread pans, of course 😉

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

It will have plenty of time to heat up while your mixing everything together!

Now, mix together your flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices.
I used a whisk.

We received a pretty new KitchenAid mixer as a wedding gift that I had yet to try out!! But if you don’t have a KitchenAid a regular hand mixer will do the trick as well of course!

Mix together the pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
Then add the eggs and oil. Mix until all combined.

Now, if using a stand mixer, turn it on low, or Stir, and add half the dry ingredients mixture from earlier.
Then add the buttermilk. And THEN the rest of the dry ingredients.
This way your mixture doesn’t get too dry all at once.

Once all ingredients are mixed together well, spray your bread pans with non-stick cooking spray, then fill each pan 3/4 full.
I used a larger pan for the hubs and I and two smaller pans to give as an Autumn treat to friends.
Otherwise you could make two larger loaves instead.

Stick them, carefully of course, in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
Your house will smell deliciously of pumpkin for the next few hours…
An added bonus!!

Let cool until just barely warm to the touch.
Then serve with butter for a tasty Autumn treat!
Make sure the loaves have cooled completely before covering!

Then, if so inclined share with others… Or not. I won’t judge… 😉

Happy Autumn lovelies!

P.S. This has been featured here:
AND here:
Linking this here and here and to these.
Family Friendly Food at Serenity Now

Comments

1. Hannah J. Holmes says:

I also love all things pumpkin, definitely one my favorite things about autumn 🙂

2. brianandhilary620 says:

This is fabulous. I don't cook, but I do occasionally bake! I will have to try this, it looks so tasty

3. Rhinestone Beagle says:

The smell of pumpkin bread baking screams fall to me. Definitely a recipe on my list. Thanks for posting at the Rhinestone Beagle!

4. Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy says:

YAH!! Bring out the fall recipes! Love this one 🙂 Thanks for sharing it with us 🙂
    Britney

5. Looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

6. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

oh my goodness! pumpkin anything in the fall is my weakness!!! i need to make this now! thanks for sharing!

7. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

8. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

9. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

10. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

11. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

12. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

13. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

14. Featuring YOU over on my blog today!

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts

15. I think I could live on pumpkin bread during the fall!

16. Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

I looooooove pumpkin bread!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe and also for linking it up…I appreciate it. 🙂

17. You're full of great pumpkin recipes! This looks delicious as well. Thanks for linking up.

18. Stephanie says:

I'm definitely going to have to try this one, looks delicious!!

Stephanie