Revived Saddle Stand

I think I’ve mentioned a time or two before that my husband is a team roper.
Ropers ride horses to rope. 😉 See…

To ride their horses they need a saddle.
My hubs is a pretty good roper. He wins things from time to time.
Because ropers need saddles to ride their horses, saddles are often given as prizes at team ropings.
The hubs has won his fair share.

What am I getting at here…?
Well, we have several saddles at our house. So many hubs has given a few away.
But there are one or two that he really likes and wants to keep nice.
So nice we could display them in our home.
To display a saddle you need a saddle stand.
Hubs had an old broken down saddle stand that just needed a little attention and love.

So… I did a little of this…

And a little of this…

***

Now we have a very nice saddle stand. To display a very nice saddle.

You’re welcome hubs. 😉
He was quite proud of me and very appreciative. Even got some praise from my father-in-law on my choice of stain color. He said it helps the saddle stand out!
How nice, right!?!
Ah the male design sense…
In my family it best relates to things made with leather. 🙂

Linking this here and here and to these.

Comments

1. Lydia @ See Beautiful says:

That's a really sweet wife. 😉

Happy seeing beautiful!

2. Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty says:

SOOOO cool—ps love your pink hammer 😉

3. Life In The Thrifty Lane says:

Awww,that was so nice Kassi! I bet your hubby loves it a lot, so special.

4. Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy says:

You're awesome! It looks great. Team roper huh? That is super cool too 😉 Thanks for sharing girl, btw, does hubbie know you used a pink hammer on such a manly project 😉 LOL, LOVE IT.

5. Kara @ Mine for the Making says:

NICE job 🙂 I bet he loves it. Super sweet of you. Side note- I have ALWAYS wanted to be a horse owner. I took riding lessons as a child and LOVED it. Loved being in the stables, loved cleaning the horses, loved riding. Do you have horses of your own? Someday…it's on my bucket list 😉

6. aww your such a great wife! 🙂 great job! 🙂

7. Ladybird Ln says:

Wow that is so much fun, you are good! So I have always wondered do you use the saddles that you win or just display them??

Someday I want to buy hubby a new saddle, I think I will have to special order it because of his latitude. But I really think saddles are pretty. I use hubbys great grandfathers high boy saddle, and I love it.

Carlee

8. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

In response to the two questions above… (in case anyone else was wondering)
    1. We do have horses of our own. We have FIVE horses at our house right now and even one little donkey and 6 roping steers! Maybe I'll introduce you to all of them sometime! 🙂
    2. Yes, we use the saddles he wins. Some people choose to just display them, but we make use of pretty much everything we have! 😉 You'll notice in the picture of the saddle above, there's rubber around the saddle horn (for dallying when team roping) and black marks in the stirrups and what not. Really the only reason that this saddle is getting displayed now… It doesn't fit any of our horses very well. It's a little too narrow. 🙂
    Thanks for all the comments lovelies!!!

9. Dana @ CraftedNiche.com says:

I KNEW I should have grown up riding western rather than english. 🙂 When I show all we get are silly silver trophies and ribbons. Blah. 🙂 You guys get shiny buckles and saddles. LUCKY! (…and a LOT more practical) I just posted about my off-track Thoroughbred earlier this week.

Dana @ craftedniche.com

10. Mommyblogger says:

You did a great job on that stand. I agree with your FIL, great stain choice. I bet your hubs was very happy 🙂

11. Sassy Sites! says:

Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites FFA party on Friday!! I LOVE to see all of the great ideas! All week this week, we will be doing Thanksgiving themed link ups. Monday is all about Turkeys, so if you have something you've created that is turkey-ish :)… come by tomorrow and link it up!!

XOXO!!
    marni @ Sassy Sites!

12. You deserve the compliments for this thoughtful gift. Hub's is Blessed!

Visiting from Sassy Sites! Trash to Treasure linky party today:D Thanks for sharing!
    Smiles from NW Illinois,