Bottle Cap Magnets

Hello pretty friends! Today I’d love to show you a FUN and EASY craft project!!!

Bottle Cap Magnets

Supplies Needed:

Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
Bottle Caps
(I got mine in a deal from Pick Your Plum, but you could just as easily save them from bottled drinks, or get them at pretty much any craft store.)
Small Magnets
Fun shaped brads or other trinkets like beads, charms, small toys, etc.
(I got each of my fun brads from Scribble Shop.)
Heavy duty glue. I used E-6000.

You’ll want to use just a dab of the glue to adhere a magnet to the back of each bottle cap. Too much glue makes for a gloppy mess on the back. If you’re using the E-6000 just a dab is all it takes.

Next you’ll want to arrange your trinkets in the front (pocket side) of your bottle caps and fill with the Dimensional Magic. If you’re using brads as opposed to other little trinkets or beads, you can bend the backs down all the way for a sunken look when putting them in the magnet or you can bend them just a little for a more dimensional look.

I also found that using a dab of the E-6000 glue held the brads in place until the Dimensional Magic could dry and harden. I used toothpicks to move them around into the placing I wanted as well.

Tip: When making or working with magnets, a large cookie sheet covered in newspaper makes a great work surface!
It holds your magnets in place as you’re working!

Make sure you give the Dimensional Magic enough time to fully harden! If you move them before they’re ready bubbles can form in the surface where they’ve shifted!

And viola! Bottle cap magnets to pretty up your fridge!

Please don’t pay attention to my spotty looking fridge… The new ‘fake’ stainless steel is so hard to keep clean!
Am I right!?! If you have tips for that, I’d love to hear… 🙂

Happy crafting lovelies!!!

Linking this here and here and to these.

P.S. We’d love if you’d follow along! Thanks new friend!!

Comments

1. Okay, these are super fun!! I love it!

Yay! Thanks friend! They were super fun to make too! SO fun picking out the little trinkets to go inside!

2. So cute!

3. what a great idea! would make cute gift sets too.

4. I love these! I especially love that it doesn’t look too complicated. I’m somewhat craft challenged 🙂

They’re really easy! And to be honest… not all that hard to mess up! Just make sure you get enough dimensional magic in there and you’re good to go!

5. You are so creative. What an adorable idea xoxo

6. Super cute! I could use a craft project to do, but my mind is a blank, thanks for sharing. BTW, I had the fake stainless once, PAIN!! I wiped it down every day, started at the top, went to the bottom, with one long stroke. I used glass cleaner. But it still looked like blah 20 minutes later :/ Who needs clean fridges anyway 😉

7. Love these! I see bottle cap jewelry and other bottle cap projects and products, and I’m always thinking of buying some of these to make some stuff of my own!

That’s what I did… I saw these on a Pick Your Plum deal and snagged them up, then came up with a project! 🙂

8. Cute idea! I’ve never used dimensional magic…I may have to give it a whirl. 🙂

This was my first attempt with dimensional magic too… it was easy enough to use! Thanks for the visit today girl!

9. These are so fun girls, just the other day I asked hubby to start saving bottle tops for me 🙂 What a great post!

10. Very nice idea.

11. Stopping by from SITS girls, this is an awesome idea. Going to pin it. have a great day

Thanks for the visit Shirley!!! 🙂 Glad you liked our magnets!!!

12. Stopping by from SITS! Love the magnets, so cute!

Thanks for the visit today Sarah!! 🙂 And thank you! They were so fun to make!

13. I’m loving these – so cute! I’m pinning them now! Come check me out over at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com