Market Tote and Clutch Set

Since Mother’s Day is long gone for 2012 and we’re actually approaching Father’s Day, I decided it would be safe to share the gifts I made for my Mom and Tammy ย (hub’s step-mom).

I have really been enjoying sewing lately and was excited to create a handmade gift for each of the mothers in our life!

zip top clutches

I sewed two zipped clutches based off this Michelle Sewing Pattern. The only difference in the two was the color of the zippers. One was black, one was white.

I also made my mom a market tote using a Market Tote Simplicity Sewing Pattern.
I was excited that the black paisley fabric and purple floral accent fabric paired so well together!
The lining of both the clutches and the market tote was the purple floral.

fabric tote

Inside each clutch I also included a brand new Layers by Scentsy shower gel for an added surprise!

These were so fun to make! I really enjoy giving handmade gifts!
Hopefully they were as gladly received as they were lovingly made! ๐Ÿ˜‰

handmade tote and clutch

So what about you? Do you like to sew? Enjoy gifting handmade?

Happy sewing lovelies!

Linking thisย hereย andย hereย andย to these.

P.S. Weโ€™d love ifย youโ€™d follow along! Thanks new friend!!

Comments

1. Nadir@StitchSense says:

I love those! The colors are sweet & the clutch with the lavender accent is adorable! Great job Kassi!

Thanks friend!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I was so excited with how they turned out! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. I want to sew more, but I totally need a better set up. I did make Quinn’s Easter dress and I’m in the process of changing a romper into a shirt.

I reworked my set up here recently too… I added another table in my craft room to lay out and cut fabric… makes things SO much easier!!!

3. awww super cute! love the print!

4. These are adorable. I love the purple (my favorite color) with the black and white print. I don’t sew as much as I would like to.

Thanks so much Laurie!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Purple is my mom’s favorite color too!

5. ACK!!! I love Love LOVE them!!!! I wish I knew how to sew!!

Thanks friend!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ They are so fun to make! Sewing is a SWEET hobby to pick up…. just saying… ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Love the fabric you chose!

7. Those are way to cute!

8. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You did just a great job Kassi! Ive been sewing a ton lately too….it’s really nice ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for linking up to DIY Diva THursdays!

9. I love these! Super cute! I would sew more if I had a serger. Hoping I’ll get one soon, so I can try my hand at these lovelies! Really great job.

Thanks girl! They were so fun to make!! ๐Ÿ™‚ By the way… LOVE your name! ๐Ÿ˜‰

10. Hey! I found you through the link up Saturday! I loved your tote bag. I have plenty of fabric. If I go through with it, I will tag your post in mine. I am your newest follower in all capacities! Check out my post if you get a chance! Amber

Hey!! Thanks for stopping by and for all the follows! Welcome, welcome!

11. Those are so cute!! I love giving handmade gifts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Amanda!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Me too… I feel like a total slacker now if I don’t at least include SOMETHING handmade! haha.