What I Wore Wednesday

Hey there!!!Β

So… for our first wedding anniversary last week Nate gave me a paper gift! Money to buy new clothes!
Very eloquent, isn’t he. πŸ™‚ Love that guy!
You see… I’ve been complaining lately that it was time for some new things.
I’m a horrible shopper friends. Really, I am. I have all these lofty ideas of wearing cute outfits and then I go to actually buy something and wimp out. Partly because I don’t think I’m fashionable enough to pull it off and partly because I’m cheap… true story.

So here are three recent outfits… prior to my anniversary shopping spree. Three outfits that sort of display my um… cheap tendencies… πŸ˜‰

Β

So, this black shirt has been around awhile… It was my favorite shirt almost two years ago when we took our engagement photos…. and we just celebrated one year of marriage. ha! Those khaki capris were a hand me down, oh, five or so years ago, from my mother in law. I cuffed the bottoms which made them a little cuter I think, but they’re just bulky on top… probably the reason she handed them down in the first place…. πŸ™‚

More hand me down capris. I also have a pair in dark brown…
But again, two pairs of bottoms that I didn’t purchase myself. Now, there’s nothing wrong with getting free clothes (free rocks!!), but if you didn’t choose themΒ specificallyΒ for your body, they probably don’t fit all that well… know what I’m saying?

The white top was a birthday gift from my sister in law. Love it! Those jeans are one of three pair, total, that are decent enough to wear out of the house. For reals. And they’ve been around since I was an UNDERGRAD in college… i.e. three-four years ago. The necklace is from Love Stitched by the way.

So… are we seeing a trend here? I think it’s time to clean out the closet and spend a little anniversary present money!
So… tell me… what’s your go to clothing store? If they have a website, that would be awesome!
Also, what’s your go to summer clothing item??? Another link would rock! I need help…

Β Thanks in advance. The hubs thanks you too… you know, for wisely helping me spend his gift. πŸ˜‰

Linking to these fun parties by the way! Hope you’ll check them out! πŸ™‚

pleated poppyMomma Go Round

Comments

1. You look great!
    Right now I’m loving Ruche & Modcloth online! Old Navy too, of course! β™₯

Thanks Lena!! πŸ™‚ Old Navy is a favorite of mine too! Definitely checking out Ruche and Modcloth! Thanks girl!

2. Haha sounds like what hubby would do πŸ™‚ Hand me money. And your outfits look great, you have a simple style and it suits you, don’t hate on it to hard πŸ™‚

Yep, that’s his go to! Which honestly, is totally ok by me! πŸ™‚ It’s not so much my style that I’m hating on it’s my lack of being able to restock my closet with items I really need… Thanks for the encouragement girl! πŸ™‚

3. Nadir@StitchSense says:

Oh you’re speaking straight to my heart, I’m the exact same way. I wimp out & buy the same cheap stuff b/c I don’t think I can pull certain outfits off. I’ve been trying to work on that though & be braver. I usually shop somewhere like Target or Khol’s but I need to branch out a bit more to some trendier shops. Can’t wait to see what you get! πŸ™‚

I always shop at the same places too… Which explains why I’m always wearing variations of the same outfit! haha. Glad to hear I’m not alone friend!

4. You are so cute in everything you wear! -Marci

5. I shop at forever 21 whenever I have money to spend on clothes. I’m also a huge fan of gordmans. But… I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that half of my wardrobe is f21.

Never heard of Gordmans! Must look into F21! You always have the cutest outfits!

6. I’m a total cheap-o too…I love a good deal/bargain and lately I’ve really gotten into thrift and consignment shopping. I love shopping at Kohl’s and TJ Maxx, and I couldn’t live without my capri pants and comfy tees in the summer. πŸ™‚

Amen sister! I live in tees and capri pants too!!! Just need to get some cuter ones…… hahaha.

7. Hi Kassi! I just found your blog through The Pleated Poppy because I saw “Style help?” and couldn’t resist–that’s something I love doing! My favorite stores to buy clothes from are Target and Old Navy haha because I’m also kinda cheap, and my go-to summer item is any jersey dress that feels like I’m wearing pajamas. And I so totally don’t mean to promote my own blog here, but I LOVE helping people with their wardrobes and a lot of women have found these resources helpful when rebuilding their wardrobe: http://www.puttingmetogether.com/p/putting-her-together.html …particularly all the stuff in the Building a Remixable Wardrobe section. Again, sorry for linking to myself…I really just hope it helps you out as you get to go shopping!

Yay! Thanks for popping over Audrey!!! I so need a cute jersey dress!! They look and seem so comfy! Thanks for sharing your link! Off to check it out now!

8. Ok I think you look so cute! My go to store is Ross, cute/stylish/affordable! All of my recent purchases have been there and I just love them!

Aw Ross… I miss that place. We had one where I went to college. I loved that you could always find great deals! Sometimes you had to really search, but they were there. Thanks friend!!

9. Very cute outfits, Kassi!! I especially LOVE all the necklaces!! Cash is always a great gift πŸ™‚

Thank you Miss Kara!!! πŸ™‚ Yep, cash is one of my favorite gifts to receive! πŸ˜‰

10. awe, what a nice hubby!!!! (and a smart one!)

11. Oooo, how fun!! Some of my favorite tops/outfits/dresses have been scored at Ross or TJ Maxx. Just take your patience and persistence when you go! I also have great luck at Target and AnnTaylor LOFT. Good luck!
    xo Heidi

All good options to check out! Thank you for the suggestions Heidi! πŸ™‚

12. First of all I think you look adorable. Nothing wrong with those clothes, but I understand the need/want for something new. I’ve always loved Fashion Bug. http://fashionbug.lanebryant.com/ But their online store is NOT the same as the store itself. Waaaay cuter stuff in the store. I don’t know if you have one where you live but if you do, check them out!

Thanks Carolyn! I completely agree… I think the biggest thing with these outfits is the fit… They are just a little off size.
      Fashion Bug??? Off to check that out! Thanks!!!

13. I am just the same way. I’m so picky about clothes and yet complain and complain that I have nothing to wear. It’s really hard isn’t it. BTW you look fantastic! And I am totally loving your hair in ALL those pics!!!

Thanks love!!!! I really try to mix it up with the do once in awhile! haha! My next attempt will be a little makeup remixing. πŸ˜‰

14. I don’t even remember the last time I bought something for me. It’s so much “easier” to buy cute clothes for the girls and Nate πŸ™‚ Have a blast spending that money honey!! Can’t wait to see what you find!

I hear ya girl! And my Nate’s clothes tend to be less expensive then mine, so its easier to justify… Excited to do a little ME shopping though! πŸ˜‰

Trackbacks

1. […] I Wore Wednesday August 8, 2012 Leave a Comment So in the last installment of WIWW I mentioned that I’d be doing a little bit of shopping…. and a little bit is all […]