Hi there all you LOVELY readers!! My name is Ashton, and I’m the blogger behind Something Swanky: Desserts and Designs! I’m super excited to be a part of this sweet surprise Kassi’s friends put together for her birthday!! What amazing gal pals!
I have been obsessed with pumpkin this year (OMG, especially those Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses– have you guys tried those?!!?), so I was thrilled to be asked to share a pumpkin recipe over here!
Nothing hits the spot in the Fall quite like a Pumpkin Cookie. And a Pumpkin Cookie with Heath?? It just doesn’t get much better than this, my friends.
I hope enjoy this recipe as much as I did! And I’d love to see you over at my place sometime!
Happy (belated) birthday, Kassi!!
Pumpkin Heath Cookies
Recipe slightly adapted from: A Bitchin’ Kitchen
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sticks butter, salted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. Heath Bits
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Add the egg, baking powder, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Mix in the flour, one cup at a time until well mixed (but don’t overmix!).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and heath bits using a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Scoop out by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on pan before transferring to wire rack. Makes approximately 4 dozen.
Isn’t she fantastic?! And don’t those cookies look delicious?? Thank you SO much Ashton!!! We’re so lucky to know such lovely ladies. Make sure to keep coming back so you can get in on all the fun as the party rolls on!
Happy birthmonth again sister!