A couple of months ago I was given my very first church calling! I couldn’t have been more excited to be called to serve the Young Women of my ward as the secretary. I always had the best time when I was involved with the Young Women’s youth group as a young woman myself and can’t wait to share my ideas and work with the young ladies in my area.
My first real task as secretary was to be in charge of the graduation gift for the two young ladies graduating high school this month. The caveat, something fun but nothing too expensive. We’re on a budget after all… My solution, a Cooking Gift “Basket” since the girls will be on their own in their very own kitchens for the first time.
Items for a Cooking Gift “Basket”:
- Small white colander for the “basket”
- Kitchen Utensils to fill the basket, I used a whisk, a spatula, an ice cream scoop, tongs, and a grater.
- A brightly colored kitchen towel
- A coupon folder for a recipe card holder. I cut each girl’s name in bright colored vinyl with my Silhouette and put it on their folder. Then we filled the folders with recipes from the other Young Women leaders.
- Then top it off with a bright ribbon!
Both baskets together cost around $20. So that’s two graduation gifts for about $10 each! Plus, I think they’re so bright and fun. I would have loved something like this when I was graduating. What do you think??
Linking this to these fun parties.